Last updated on 5th December, 2020
Homeflo is committed to providing a quality service for its members and working in an open and accountable way that builds the trust and respect of all. One of how we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our members, customers and stakeholders, and in particular by responding positively to complaints, and by putting mistakes right.
Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- Making a complaint is as easy as possible
- We treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response
- We deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially
- We respond in the right way - for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally, and dealt with quickly. Our aims are to:
- resolve informal concerns quickly
- keep matters low-key
- enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
Definition: Homeflo defines a complaint as 'any expression of dissatisfaction (with Homeflo, with a member of staff, or with a Homeflo subcontractor) that relates to Homeflo and that requires a formal response'. Purpose: The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant's satisfaction.
Homeflo's responsibility will be to:
- acknowledge the formal complaint in writing, email or by phone;
- respond within a stated period (we aim to respond within 48hrs);
- deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint;
- take action where appropriate.
- bring their complaint, in writing, to Homeflo's attention normally within 8 weeks of the issue arising;
- raise concerns promptly and directly with a member of staff in Homeflo;
- explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
- allow Homeflo a reasonable time to deal with the matter;
- recognise that some circumstances may be beyond Homeflo's control.
Please telephone us: 08004220124, write to us at the following address: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ Or send an email: email@example.com
Responsibility for Action: All Staff and extended staff of Homeflo.
Confidentiality: Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and Homeflo maintain confidentiality. However, the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint judged on its merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
Monitoring and Reporting: Staff of Homeflo will receive annually an anonymized report of complaints made and their resolution and complaints will be dealt with under Homeflo Policies.
Formal Complaints Procedure
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write to the member of staff who dealt with you, or their manager, so that he or she has a chance to put things right. In your letter, you should set out the details of your complaint, the consequences for you as a result, and the remedy you are seeking. You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 2 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation within 8 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with the initial response to the complaint then you can write to Homeflo Managing Director and ask for your complaint and the response to be reviewed. You can expect the Director to acknowledge your request within 2 working days of receipt and a response within 2 workings days.
Homeflo aims to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently, timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
If you are not satisfied with the subsequent reply from Homeflo Director then you have the option of If you are unhappy with our final response or our investigation has taken more than 8 weeks to reach a conclusion, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant Ombudsman Service. If you wish to refer your complaint to the relevant Ombudsman Service you must do this within six months of the date of our final response. The contact details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Tel: 0800 023 4567 or, from a mobile 0300 123 9123
Consumers do not have to accept the decision made by the Financial Ombudsman and retain their rights to go to court. However, if the decision of the relevant Ombudsman is accepted then it is binding on both you and us.